Turmeric Tea – Kicking the flab out the old school way
Only if neglecting the life-changing substances in our kitchen cabinets were declared a crime, would they actually grab our attention. Right?
Not beating about the bush, I’ll get straight down to my all-time well-being partner, TURMERIC.
Yes, that coy spice ever ready to grace your food with some tint of natural yellow coloring & is, indeed, a treasure chest of amazing wonders, remedies & benefits altogether.
I must really admit swearing by turmeric in positively effectuating my weight loss journey apart from always being in my arsenal of home remedies.
Here’s my fantastic guide to making TURMERIC TEA that boosts your metabolism like a pro! It helped me immensely towards my 2nd month of the weight loss routine. Indeed. I could continue to see a stable drop in the unwanted weight, while most of us assume that the drop isn’t going to be any significant once you lose those 5-6 kilos of water weight!
WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT?
Turmeric – The ultimate Indian spice that probably has the solution to every common illness. Be it skin problems like acne, cuts & bruises where it acts as a tailor-made antiseptic, or even common cold.
WHAT YOU’D NEED:
- Homemade/ Pure turmeric powder : 1-1½ teaspoons
- Ginger (crushed) : ¼ inch
- Peppercorns (crushed)/ Pepper powder : 3-4 (nos.) / ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon : ¼ inch
- Water : 1 glass
HOW YOU MAKE IT:
- In a vessel, take the water & start to boil over medium flame.
- As the water heats up, add the crushed peppercorns/powder, ginger & cinnamon.
- Bring it to a boil & add the turmeric powder.
- Put off the flame.
- Strain this into your mug/cup & wait for it to cool so that you can drink it up.
- That’s all. You’re DONE! 🙂
WHAT MAKES IT WORK?
Turmeric – Well, this super available spice from our kitchen oozes with a magical substance – CURCUMIN. And this is anti-obesity & anti-inflammation linked with obesity. Hence, this accelerates the weight loss process by boosting your metabolism to levels that even your favorite green tea cannot boast of! Ta-dah!
Cinnamon – This underrated spice not just seasons your food with a rich flavor & aroma, but also speeds up metabolism by curbing that naughty appetite & normalizing blood sugar. Now anything that helps you keep that binge-urge in check is definitely a BONUS. Ain’t it?
Clove – Cloves work complementary to cinnamon in regulating blood sugar levels thereby improving metabolism towards the desired direction.
Pepper – Black peppercorns are known to be thermogenic. Meaning they produce heat in the body, which boosts your metabolism, thus burning fat & preventing fat accumulation.
Ginger – Well, the ability of ginger to ease digestion has never been a mystery to us. Besides, anything with ginger tea acts as a mind-blowing stimulant just like your dose of coffee. This helps you see a much active version of yourself everyday.
And like all the other ingredients, this magical potion literally boils down to one crucial weight loss factor. METABOLISM!
Want something for proof? Here‘s a review about the health benefits of the above-mentioned Indian spices.
And hey, by the way, I’m an avid chai lover. And I must admit that none of my mornings have kicked off without a cup of the normal ginger tea with milk & some sugar. Also, winding up for the day has never been so happy & refreshing with this turmeric tea.
- TURMERIC TEA is a ‘value-added’ regime to your weight loss. NOT the ONLY way to weight loss. So, remember to shake those kilos with some exercise & clean eating every day.
- Avoid having turmeric tea for more than 3 or 4 days in a week as it may lead to mild acidity or dehydration to those already susceptible to it, or those who drink less than 2 litres of water per day.
So, ready for this fantastic deal?