Easy 10-Minute weight loss-friendly Mango Juice
It’s May & we’re already half-way through the mango season here in India (technically). This time, nevertheless, the mangoes have been late. But never mind. I’m more than just excited to share with you really simple & quick mango recipes with this post & the ones to come. So today it’s mango juice for you!
Mangoes have been ill-famed for fostering the risk of weight gain & diabetes, probably due to a higher level of carbohydrates. However, many fail to realize that excess of anything could be gross. In fact, I myself testify that mangoes do NOT make you gain weight unless you have them in HUGE quantities or with morbid amounts of sugar. I’ve always had them to my satisfaction every season, whether I was on my weight loss resolution or otherwise. And that never caused me to pile up extra weight. As long as moderation is your key, you’re good to go ahead & feast! 🙂
I’ve used the Mankurad mangoes to make this juice, because I’ve been lucky vacationing in Goa right now. The Mankurad is a delicious & succulent variety native to Goathland, with ample amount of fiber, which makes it a perfect pick for making mango juice. But you may use any type of mangoes as long as they’re sweet, juicy & a bit pulpy too. The Alphonso mangoes would also be a great choice. Ah! Thank the Lord for endowing us with so many varieties of the bliss!
The reason why this one is a weight loss-friendly version of the mango juice, is because there’s no sugar added. Plus, there are Sabza Seeds added to render the drink an ideal drink to help in losing weight, while not compromising on the choice of the fruit. However, before going ahead, make sure you mangoes are sweet enough. You can also check out my recipe of lemonade with sabza seeds here.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission at no extra cost to you should you click through & use it to make a purchase. I recommend only the products that I’ve used myself & liked.
If you don’t find Sabza seeds at stores near you, you can get it here.
Quick & easy 10-minute weight loss-friendly Mango Juice
An easy-to-make mango juice that doesn't make you fat! Great to try at home. So ditch the packaged juices hereafter.
- 3 nos. Big succulent & juicy Mangoes (peeled & diced) (remove the pit/stone)
- 1 glass Water
- 2-3 nos. Almonds (soaked) You may alternatively use 1 teaspoon of Almond Powder (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon Sabza(Sweet Basil) seeds (soaked for 5 minutes)
1. Wash, peel & dice the mangoes after discarding the pit.
2. Add them to a mixer/blender.
3. Add the soaked almonds or almond powder.
4. Add water (Again, caution to add water as per the consistency you want the juice to be of).
5. Blend the mixture to bring it to a perfect juice consistency. Make sure there are no traces or chunks of pulp left in it.
6. Add the Sabza seeds & mix well.
7. Serve chilled.
What’s great about this drink?
- The Sabza/Basil seeds are great ingredients for summer drinks due to their cooling effect on the body. They also aid a better metabolism, thus helping you lose weight rather than thinking of putting on more weight with mangoes!
- Mangoes are loaded with essential vitamins, antioxidants & good fats that really make them a ‘must-have’ for summer.
- All the more, having to add no extra sugar is another nice pointer, owing to the natural sweetness of mango.
- This drink is full of fiber & feels extremely filling & thus satiated. A perfect summer refreshment, indeed!
If you’re already fantasizing about this drink dribbling down your throat? I understand. 😉
Tell me how it turned out for you & how you liked it in the comments.
Rolling out some more mango recipes shortly.
Until then, HAPPY SUMMER!